Saturday, August 2, 2008

fish out of water

That is pretty much what I feel like with the whole referee thing; but I think that is a good thing. I went to the high school certification clinic today and had to take a physical. The whole thing makes my stomach turn in knots but it is because I just have no idea what I am doing. But isn't that kind of the point of doing something new? I was 1 of 4 girls while there were over 40 guys at the meeting, but everyone was very nice and welcoming. Guess I'll just have to jump in and learn even though baby steps would be much easier. I will be doing the USSF certification this weekend and it is a 3 day long certification, much more intense. Hopefully I won't have to do sprints again!

The rest of today is lazy day. Hubby sweetly cleaned the house while I was at the clinic and tomorrow is blackberry day...YEAH!

1 comment:

Willow said...

Hi,

I soooo understand how hard it is to try something new! It's intimidating at first. But I think you will be magnificent at this! Let us all know how it goes.