Wednesday, July 9, 2008

aprons and things


I had put my sewing aside for about a week and half and took a break from being very productive, but got back on the wagon this morning. I was asked to make an apron like I had made for the 4th of July silent auction at work for charity 2 weeks ago. The person who asked me to make it wants it to be unisex so both his mother and father can use it though, so I will not be using the same pattern of Emmeline Apron I had used before. This time I am going to do a simple butcher style apron but make it reversible - one side stars and strips and the other side will be a Marine military theme.


I also have been inspired to make a quilted clutch from reading Lululollylegs and seeing the pic above - very cute! I want to applique an owl instead of a heart. I am absolutely going to make the owl my logo, I think. I love sloths more, but I don't think they are quite as physically appealing as my other favorite, the owl. I just want to make my own owl design and not just steal someone else's...hm, drawing is certainly not my greatest area of talent but I will see what I can come up with.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Amber! Hello! Congratulations on your mariage - It sounds like things are going really well, and I am impressed with your new lifestyle and a little jealous. : ) I don't think these city kids have it in us, but I'll enjoy watching you guys do it.

I love the apron you linked to. I need to figure out how to sew. It's on the to-do list!

naphtali said...

lovely idea of making an "owl logo"...i love owls. so, isn't your husband an artist? haha - you don't need to be able to draw! :p best of both worlds in your family! love you sis!