Sunday, January 3, 2010

It's rather blustery outside

We have been enjoying our 3 day weekend at home. We have had about 2 inches of snow and a wind chill of zero. Luckily, we were well stocked on provisions and hobbies.

The wood stove has been crackling merrily around the clock and I have been knitting. I finished a darling stuffed polar bear from Ysolde Teague's Otto pattern. It knitted up in a jiff and is perfectly floppy and cuddly for Emmykins to love on. I am now tweaking the concept some and knitting it in a brown wool yarn that will hopefully felt up nicely. Wish me luck. I will post pics of the brown bear when I finish...probably today with the main body but I will need to go into town to get some contrasting wool yarn for the eyes and nose.I hope you are all enjoying the change from one year into the next as I am. Happy New Year, friends and family!

No comments: