Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day


Well, I am not officially a mother yet, so instead I treated my mom. It was the first full day of sunshine in weeks, and I took advantage of it to plant my pole beans, a few tomato plants and some lettuce. This year is a very light garden due to the attention that the new baby will demand.


I also modified my new shower head to remove that ridiculous flow inhibitor so we could actually get clean in our shower.


I made some maple, cinnamon raisin muffins that came out fantastic! My hubby really enjoyed them even after being quite skeptical of raisins in muffins. He said they were the best I have made so far. I have never been very good at baked goods, having difficulty getting things to rise and bake evenly, but I am starting to figure out the right mixture and temperature for my high altitude now. Thank goodness for persistence. I even came up with the muffin recipe all on my own!


Finally, I ended the day with an arugula salad, home made garlic bread and lasagna with home made sauce. It was perfect! I just love when that happens = )


5 comments:

naphtali said...

Hi Sis! Sounds like a wonderful day. Wish I could have tasted all the yumminess. You NEVER cease to amaze me. Oh...and, I already consider you a mother - so Happy Mother's Day TO YOU! ;) Love you!!

naphtali said...

Forgot to mention that Anthony feels the same way about raisins....funny!

Willow said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Becca said...

I'm glad you guys had a good mother's day!! Hope you're doing well!!

Willow said...

Hi Amber,

Yes, Whole Foods is VERRY DANGEROUS. Especially their baked goods. I gained 8 lbs in less than a month!

I make Scott go and buy me treats all the time :)

How are you doing? Are you ready to have your baby?